me and my hubby

me and my hubby

my weight loss tracker

Friday, January 8, 2010

thanks everyone!

I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions I got after I posted last. It helps to be in this with people who understand and who support each other. I hope I can be as much of a support to you guys as you're being to me.

As you can see on my weight loss ticker, I'm down 3 pounds. I know that a lot of this is water weight, and I have a lot to lose, but it helps for me to see it come off a little bit more quickly at the beginning. Having the weight come off when you really are putting forth your best effort really makes it easier to keep going. I've started and stopped so many diets I cannot even tell you. I'm sure many of you did the same things I did. This time I'm determined to make it more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Right now I'm depriving myself of things that I love so I can lose weight. When I hit my goal weight I will just eat them sparingly. I keep telling myself that 'I know what it tastes like, I will taste it again' and that helps me get through some of the hardest times.

Again, thanks guys for your support. It makes a world of difference.

1 comment:

Karilynn said...

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I started a new diet over the 8 years I was obese! I tried atkins, south beach, diet pills that made me poop my pants, exercising without dieting, I even blew a couple hundred bucks on the 6 week body makeover which is still sitting in my garage!...... most of those things gave me results but it was an impossible lifestyle and I failed.
Huge motivating factor this time around? Finishing something!!
Putting my money where my mouth is!!
Not starting a new FAD diet.. but starting a new way of living.
Being obsessed with winning. (I know this sounds lame but I really got pretty competitive.)
SEEING results.
Losing weight 10 lbs at a time instead of a HUGE number looming over my head.
Making time for myself.
Realizing how short 9 months is...or a year is. I remember thinking that spending a whole year losing weight just seemed unreasonable... but honestly.. a year goes by so incredibly fast!!
And ULTIMATELY: refusing to feed into my zillions of "valid" excuses that held me back from dedicating time to ME!!
Make this your time ANGELA! Prove to EVERYONE that you WILL do it this time!! :o)