me and my hubby

me and my hubby

my weight loss tracker

Thursday, January 7, 2010

day three

Here we are on day three. I can't believe it's only day three. Changing your mindset about food is hard work - someone tell me how long is this going to take again :)

I had a good day yesterday but decided that I'm going to have to figure out more foods in more varieties that I can eat. I'm okay breakfast and lunch but the time in between lunch and dinner, and then dinner itself is really hard for me. I need a recommendation of a good and EASY cookbook for healthy recipes, or just some good ideas of food choices for snacks and dinner.

I'm teaching again today and it's always easier during the day when I do that cuz my mind isn't wandering towards food and my hands are kept busy most of the day. I have a turkey breast to put in the crockpot this morning so dinner is taken care of today also. So, it's going to be a good day.

8 comments:

Elise said...

I LOVE the picture! I sent an email that may help with the variety challenge. I hope!

Jessica B said...

I am so glad to hear you talk about good days thats a fantastic start. As for snacks I am a HUGE fan of raw almonds, they can go anywhere with you and are tasty too! Dinners are becoming a challenge for me so I am going to try two things 1)I am going to pick a new veggie (something I have never tried before) each week and then center a meal around it. That way I am getting some variety. and 2) I am going to find a new salad recipe each week. For me the meats are the easy part its always chicken or turkey, so changing the sides are the key. Googgle is a great place to find recipes I just keep looking until I find something that looks appealing, sometimes I even combine a few :0) Hope this helps!

Jessica B said...

oops I spelled *google* wrong...

Karilynn said...

Hey... there is a cookbook you can buy at Target. It's The Eat Clean Diet recipes and it's full of fantastic INCREDIBLY healthy recipes.
I'm sorry I haven't commented before but I wanted to tell you that I am so excited that you decided to join this. It's so hard to put yourself as a priority when you are a mom/wife/working woman... but it's doable. Can't wait to watch you take steps to becoming healthier and LOVE that you are in it to win it!! :o)

Amy Davis said...

Hungry Girl is a great cookbook! There is one that is full of meals under 200 calories: "Hungry Girl 200 under 200" I like it because they're all pretty easy to make.

Kristie said...

I also have the Eat Clean Diet book, and have been doing the snack ideas from there. Some snacks I like: 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese, 1/2 T ground flaxseed, and small handful of red grapes all mixed together; handful of raw almonds and an apple or 1/2 banana; veggies with low-fat hummus. Mixing complex carbs with protein helps me last till the next meal. Hope that helps a bit :)

Sarah said...

I struggle at those same times too and am still struggling with what to do. Being busy is the best thing for me. But I will say that eating a good and healthy breakfast helps me to eat less later.

love my kiddos said...

Thank you all for your comments! I appreciate all the suggestions and will be trying them out. I'm so glad that I'm not alone in this journey!!