me and my hubby

me and my hubby

my weight loss tracker

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

still going, and going...

Sometimes I have to remind myself that even though this is a weight loss competition, it's also a lifestyle that I've chosen, so I need to cut myself a break every so often. I know it's about making good food choices, but sometimes, it's about celebrating your son's birthday and not stressing over the one meal that probably sent me over my goal caloric intake. I am proud of the job I've been doing, knowing that it took me 10 years to look this way. I would be thrilled if it only took 1 year to get it all off. Had to get that off my chest. Good luck to all, still rooting hard for all of your success.

4 comments:

Kim said...

That's right, by the end of this year we're all going to look smoking. Even if we have a piece of cake every now and then. =)

Karilynn said...

1 year!! Truly... that's all it takes! And of course, in the course of that year we have birthdays, holidays, celebration. Part of making a lifestyle change is figuring out what you will do on these days. Eat whatever you want on these days but remember if you are eating something that is not normally part of your diet... eat it BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT.. and not just because it's there. Bottom line.. be ready to move on and never regret these little choices... learn from em' and keep on truckin'!

Ellura said...

Good advice for all of us. Although I have to say, it always takes me longer to lose the weight than it did to gain it! Glad to hear you are doing good. Keep it up.

Amanda said...

I just found this blog. 7 pounds already????? That's awesome. I'll be rooting you along the whole way. :o)