me and my hubby

me and my hubby

my weight loss tracker

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

day one

Today I had oatmeal for breakfast and progresso light soup for lunch. In between I ate a few pretzels with yogurt and a rice cake. (I actually love rice cakes, so this wasn't a sacrifice). I took my before pictures, can I just say OH HOLY COW!!! It's way different when you see yourself like that. It makes eating things that are good for you a little easier cuz I'm pretty disgusted at how far I let myself go. I've had good intentions for a long time about losing weight. Well, I'm ready now and my time starts now, I start making a difference today, and it's gonna be GREAT!! I'm at my heaviest I've ever been. I tip the scales at 230.6 lbs. I wasn't sure I was going to write that down, but in order for me to really commit I had to share that. I'm gonna take this one day at a time and make small goals. I'd like to lose 2-3 pounds this week, that's my first goal. I'm not going to think past that for now. I think that goal is attainable for me. Also, I need to go find a flexible tape measure because I want to also keep track of inches lost. I think that will help me with my motivation. I appreciate all the support and I appreciate Karilynn for sponsoring this competition, it's just what I needed to get my rear in gear. Good luck to all!! I'll be rooting for each and every one of you. If I lose weight and get healthier in these next few months it will be worth every penny spent to join!!

3 comments:

Ellura said...

I totally agree about it being worth the money! I seem to need a little incentive - well, actually it is more the support that really helps me. I did the last contest with Karilynn and was soooo glad I did. Good luck. I look forward to watching your progress.

Unknown said...

Great job on the first day! Keep up the great work! It's the small consistent changes that show the greatest reward!

Spitfire said...

Hey Angela. I look forward to watching you melt along with me. We're close to the same weight...this is going to be fun! No "IF I lose weight..." You WILL lose weight...Let's bring it, baby!