me and my hubby

me and my hubby

my weight loss tracker

Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's not about the money

This competition for me is not about the money. It's all about finally getting on track to lose the weight that's been hanging around my midsection for the last 15 years. I'm turning 35 this year (in March) and I want this to be my year to get my skinny me zipped out of my fat me. I paid $40 just like everyone else to enter this comp, but if I don't see a dime of it back it will still all be worth it. I enjoy the camraderie, the support, and the encouragement I receive from everyone that's doing this right along with me. I appreciate Karilynn for taking the time to put this all together and the time she spends reading and commenting on all the blogs. I appreciate all the support that my sister, Elise gives me. She calls me almost every day and tells me how proud she is that I'm taking these first steps towards a better me. She's my inspiration. She's lost a bunch of weight and looks FABULOUS! I'm so proud of her! I have been doing pretty well this month and I'm very happy with my progress and the changes I'm making for me. It seems like every other diet I've ever tried I did it for someone else, or to look good for someone else. This is the first time that I've really decided to make a change for me and nobody else. I'm taking my life back one bite at a time (that pun was so intended :)) Anyway, before this first weigh in I just wanted you all to know my true intentions. I'm honestly rooting for each and every one of you. I know I need to be better about writing on all the blogs and sending encouraging thoughts your way. I do read what you write and it's because of all of you that I'm able to stay on track. This is the most empowering thing I've ever done for myself and I'm happy! I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

I think that when I was competiting last year it was NEVER about the money... but I totally wanted to kick some butt! ;o) I think you are on a great path to kicking butt at this point! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. I too am SOOOO excited to see you succeeding! Love it! :o) Isn't it amazing that what REALLY leads to success is not doing it for others... but doing it for OURSELVES!!

Elise said...

Ang, I LOVE the pun! I'm going to think about that when I eat! Awesome. I LOVE that you have the FIRE of health and fitness for YOU burning! Keep it up!!! It will ONLY get better as the changes you make you'll start to SEE!!!